Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Impressions: Think About Life - Family

Think About Life - FamilyHot damn! This is just what the groove doctor ordered. Family, the latest album from Montreal’s Think About LIfe, is simply fantastic. It’s a wonderfully layered, upbeat and candy-coated work of sheer exuberance that makes you forget your dog is dead.

Frenetic, soulful, and infused with an ability to make you move, listening to Family is pretty much the most fun I can remember having in a while. Hell, if Graham Van Pelt wanted to leave Miracle Fortress behind for good in favour of doing Think About Life fulltime it wouldn’t bother me at all (and I like Miracle Fortress, so that’s saying something). Suffice to say that I’ve been pumping this album pretty consistently since the moment I first popped it in the ol’ CD player and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

Read the full post at Wolveshawksandkites.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment