Monday, July 13, 2009

Win tix to see the Tom Fun Orchestra at The Horseshoe along with a copy of their CD!!

We're partway through this 2009 concert going year, and for now, the Tom Fun Orchestra show that I saw back in January is sitting comfortably in my top 3 shows of the year. This band is one of the mostest funnest bands around and thankfully, they're coming back to Toronto again on Thursday August 6th at The Horseshoe Tavern. Opening for them will be a solo set by current Tom Funner Carmen Townsend, as well as local rock band The Coast.

I've got two tickets to giveaway to the show, along with a copy of their outstanding CD entitled You Will Land With a Thud.

All of the contest rules, along with mp3's and stuff, are posted here.

And while I've got your attention, here's some other stuff I've been up to:

I saw Sonic Youth at Massey Hall and talked about it here.
I attended a Bluegrass Festival in the town of Tottenham and talked about it here.
I saw Ohbijou perform an in-store at Soundscapes and talked about it here.

And I had a rather subdued involvement in this year's NXNE, but still managed to catch a little something everyday.

Day 1 is here featuring Spiral Beach, Amos the Transparent, The Love Machine, The Balconies, Pirate Love and Natalie Portman's Shaved Head.
Day 2 is here featuring Coeur de Pirate, One Hundred Dollars and The Deep Dark Woods.
And day 3 is here featuring The Sonics, The Zoobombs and The Dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment